Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Day 5: On the Road Again




OK, it's Tuesday evening. Thanks to everyone for your support and concern. My scooter was fixed about 7:30 pm, and it seems to be running well. Thank you so much to Chad the mechanic and to the owners at Vespa Oklahoma, and to JD for putting me up! I had a nice sushi dinner with JD and his wife Erin so I'm on the road again to take advantage of the coolness of the evening. I hope to make Amarillo, Texas tonight, but I'll stop when I get tired. I'll add more later, but, honestly, it was probably a good thing that I got a partial day of rest.

[Added later: I only made it to the Oklahoma-Texas border (100 miles short of Amarillo), but that still saved me 3 hours of riding in the hot sun of the day and let me roll into Denver at a reasonable hour.]

The score:
Miles today: 147.
Miles total: 1899.

6 Comments:

At 11:30 PM, Blogger jrsjr said...

Hey Bobo,

Whew! I'm glad they got you rolling again. Cheers to BMW OKC!

-John

 
At 12:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're back on the road again -- everyone on Modern Vespa is rooting for you, and we were all worried when we heard you were broken down.

What was the failure? Enquiring minds want to know!

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger Steve Williams said...

Sounds like a great trip and as I tap my dog's belly with my toe a great cause!

Hoping to take a long trip like yours myself on day....

Ride safely!

steve

 
At 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What did they find wrong with your scooter?

 
At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome news Bobo! What did they say happened to the scoot? Ride on my friend.

 
At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did they tell you what happened? Glad you are back on the road! Go BOBO!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home