Saturday, August 05, 2006

Day 11: Roseburg to Portland (and Seattle)







I made it to Portland at 10:45 a.m. I went directly to Vespa Portland to drop the scooter off for servicing. It has almost 5,000 miles on it since it left Miami! The muffler is loud and needs the same gasket that was not available before. Sean, the mechanic, was incredibly nice. I fear that some parts may be hard to get in the 4 weeks before the Cannonball Run.

My friends Shakti and Joe drove us to Seattle to meet up with others to see the Seattle Mariners baseball game. I know these people from the flyertalk.com website, but that's a story of its own ... It was a beautiful evening for baseball. In the morning I'll drive back to Portland and fly home before returning to Portland in 4 weeks for the west-to-east Cannonball Run. All this riding has finally caught up to me; I am really tired.

[The uneventful flights home the next day don't warrant an entry. On the way home, I did write and send a slew of thank-you postcards to donors to Canine Partners For Life. It felt really good to say thank you. There are so many people who helped with this first half of my ride; if I tried to list them I'd leave someone out. On September 8th I'll fly back to Portland for the west-to-east part of the ride. See www.scootercannonball.com for information about that group ride.]

Miles today: 186.
Miles Total: 4389
Total Times I Got Wet: 3 (and for a grand total of about 10 minutes coast-to-coast)
Song for Today: Girl From The North Country, by Johnny Cash and Bob Dylan, just because I am listening to it as I type

1 Comments:

At 12:22 AM, Blogger jrsjr said...

You did it! You traversed the continental USA on a diagonal the long way. Time now to rest up before the Cannonball.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home